Wednesday 2 September 2009

Creative Writing

Applied for admission to an MA in creative writing with an eminent university. Would be ecstatic to be offered a place. Feel I could excel in such a place. Haven't stopped scribbling: learn by doing, what? Reading a fair amount of good stuff too.

I heard Germaine Greer - last night describe "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time" as a great book. Haven't got round to it yet, though I love the device of 'the unreliable narrator'. Must find the time...It's written that Professor Greer can be 'barking' at times. I believe such comments are penned by sexist journos in the night-time.

An aspect of the writing of the late David Foster Wallace is well covered in this piece. It's given me pause for thought. The Stanford link on Wittgenstein's thesis is illuminating - if a bit heavy going.

No comments: